Monday, March 15, 2010

We All Scream for... FROZEN YOGURT!!



Qoola
Frozen Yogurt and More
1116 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC V6G 2M8
Canada
ph: (604) 801-6338


Ice cream has always been my all-time favourite dessert. It is also my quick cure for bad days, heart aches and such which makes it one of the best treats ever and I'm sure many people feel the same way. You crave it and you may curse it for your expanding waistline but I don't think anyone will ever quit eating this creamy indulgence. Thankfully, many companies revolutionized the ice cream world and came up with a healthier option called THE FROZEN YOGURT.

The frozen yogurt made ice cream eating better. It's a bit tart and lighter compared to your regular favourite but it's definitely NOT a lousy alternative. In Vancouver, the market for frozen yogurt is rapidly growing and one of the newcomers, Qoola had definitely made an impression.

Not even a year old when Qoola opened its first branch in the West End, specifically on Denman St., it's a perfect location since it's steps away from English Bay so this little yogurt place is packed in the summer. Now, branches in Metrotown and Richmond are opening and many people are enjoying this fresh take to frozen yogurt.

I was first introduced to Qoola during one of my many walks to English Bay. It was the beginning of the summer when I saw the spick and span, bright green store that lured me right in. Offering fresh, NOT frozen fruits, waffles and crepes, slushes and smoothies and environmental friendly cups and spoons to top all that, Qoola is a step above the existing frozen yogurt chain. It just has so many more to offer, more fresh toppings and more variety even for their yogurt flavours. The environmental part of this chain store also added more appeal to the market considering how everyone is getting on the go-green bandwagon which is very good actually.

With a wide range of selection, it is hard to take a pick an order but the friendly Qoola staff will surely help. For my first cup of Qoola frozen yogurt, I had the Apple Caramel which is Qoola's very own creation with the regular frozen yogurt, crisp green apple slices, cinnamon flakes and of course caramel sauce. My first spoonful spelled danger for me. I knew from then on that I was hooked and indeed I was. For the summer, I needed to have my Qoola fix at least once a week or thrice a week max, trying out different variations and trying out different flavours. From my own creation, I loved the green tea yogurt, the triple chocolate shavings and chocolate sauce, simple but good. You can never really go wrong with matcha and chocolate together. Coming up with your very own concoction is a chance to be creative as you can, sometimes it can be trial and error but if it's a success, you landed a gold mine.

Next time you feel the need for ice cream, choose wise and have a cup of frozen yogurt instead and if you go to Qoola, give yourself a pat on the back cos not only that you're being good to your body but you're being good to the environment as well.

** picture stolen from: http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://604foodtography.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/qoola-6237.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.604foodtography.com/2009/04/qoola-yogurtfruit/&usg=__rG4zdJbnoq_9R6_yGpkkWlWkyAk=&h=800&w=533&sz=81&hl=en&start=11&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=BL-muWcy6jcuAM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dqoola%2Bfrozen%2Byogurt%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4RNWN_enCA316CA316%26tbs%3Disch:1

0 comments: